Thursday 26 April 2007

good ole friends from BP

Today is Coronation Day in Malaysia. The 13th king is being installed as the new Agung. What has that got to do with me in Singapore? Nothing actually, except that I was expecting 2 visitors from Batu Pahat. Being a public holiday in Malaysia, these 2 friends of mine are taking the opportunity to visit me. And they brought mum with them as well.

Elder Lim is an old-time friend since my school days in Batu Pahat. I got to know his wife Swee Lan, who came from Pontian, when they both were undergoing training at the teachers' college in JB. That was in the 1970's. How nostalgic!

Elder Lim & his wife worship at Gereja Grace Batu Pahat (GGBP), my home church. In those days, the church was just an English congregation within the Chinese-speaking Saving Grace Presbyterian Church. GGBP has since grown up & become independent. Elder Lim was the first & longest-serving elder in GGBP. GGBP in turn also started a Mandarin-speaking congregation which has also become an independent church called "Endian Tang". Swee Lan is a serving deacon at Endian Tang.

So today they are spending the day with me. We had a good time fellowshiping & catching up with each other. Elder Lim's life is always full of adventures. Today is no exception. While driving back to Malaysia, he got lost in Woodlands. Don't know how he got himself from BKE to Woodlands heartland; but as with most adventures, he would always get back on track again, after some exciting & anxious moments!

See you folks in BP one day......to think of it, I've not been back to BP for more than a year.

thanks for journeying with me,
tsk tsk

No comments: