Thursday 24 July 2008

thyroid test result

Dr Ng called me today, just as he said he would once he received the result. That was fast as I did the blood test only yesterday.

The thyroid result was not much different from the test I did last year. The free T4 thyroxine is normal while TSH (Thyroid Stimulating Hormone) is slightly higher than normal. A normal T4 & a high TSH is considered mild thyroidism. Dr Ng said there was no need for treatment, just an annual follow-up would do.

When I compared the result with last year's, I noticed that the TSH reading had actually gone down marginally. The reduction might be considered small but to me, any small improvement is a good sign. Test results such as this will help me to gauge the effectiveness of TCM treatment.

Lord, thank You for the little, little improvements each day.

tsk tsk

No comments: