Thursday 15 March 2007

One week school break

The long-awaited school break was here at last. I had been waiting for this break not only because I needed a "breather" after teaching in the BSF School program for the last 6 weeks, but also because I needed to do some "spring-cleaning". I moved into my new home late 2005 but before I could even complete unpacking all my stuff, I suffered from tinnitus on my left ear which later developed into ear blockage in July 2006. And in Aug 2006, the biopsy result confirmed a tumour behind my nose which apparently caused the ear blockage problem. Thus began my 3-month battle against nose cancer.

How time flies. Nine months have passed since my ear problem first surfaced. And I am recovering so well that I felt I was fit & strong enough to finish my uncompleted job. Spring-cleaning is never a pleasant task. To me, the most difficult thing to do is to throw away things that have "sentimental value". I kept reminding myself I must learn to live with less, I must learn to "let go", I must learn to keep only the essentials for lack of storage space. Yes, there are many things I still need to learn. Earthly things will come & go; but the things of God will last forever. I must focus on doing things that have eternal value -- such as walking with God, spending time with God, and serving God. One of my favourite verses in the Bible is Genesis 5:22 - "Enoch walked with God 300 years". I pray that I too will walk with God all the days of my life.

thanks for journeying with me,
tsk tsk

No comments: