Thursday 22 March 2007

What, I weigh only 43.9 kg?

I had my two-monthly consultation with my oncologist on Monday. Yes, I lost 3.6kg in 2 months. I couldn't believe my eyes & weighed again a second time. There it was, the figures said so clearly : 43.9 kg. The weighing machine at the National Cancer Centre should be reliably accurate, right? I weighed 47.5kg just 2 months ago. I know I had lost weight, but so much? I had not been weighing myself because the weighing scale at home broke down -- maybe I was so thin the scale couldn't move!

Jokes aside, I'm genuinely concerned. I've been losing weight since Chinese New Year. I knew I was losing weight when my skirts, pants & shorts don't seem to fit me as well as before. But now things seem to look more hopeful as I'm able to take hokkien porridge with soft dishes; but looks like they are not sufficient in replenishing my lost weight. Somehow, porridge does not give me a "full" feeling like rice. Very often, I will feel hungry again not long after I've eaten. I need to take 3-5 meals a day depending on my activities during the day. Actually, I'm more a rice or "png" person & I really miss eating rice. How I dream of the day when I can start eating rice again........

thanks for journeying with me,
tsk tsk

No comments: