Wednesday 23 May 2007

As light as a feather......at 42kg

I had my two-monthly consultation with my oncologist Dr Wee today.

As usual, loss of weight is my greatest problem. I now weigh 42.1 kg. To date, I have lost 8 kg since I started radiation in Sep 2006. Dr Wee recommended me a new drink called "Fortisip", a high energy & nutritionally complete milkshake-style supplement drink. Maintaining good health is important in cancer recovery so please pray with me that I will be able to take to this drink without feeling nausea or yakky, & that I will stop losing weight.

Besides my weight, I have a mucus problem. Dr Wee said this is a side effect of radiation. Having sore throat every morning is also another side effect. He advised me to drink water whenever I wake up at night. I also notice that my teeth on the lower jaw are decaying. I will be seeing my dentist on Monday. It's quite frightening to see all these things happening 6 months after radiation.

thanks for journeying with me,
tsk tsk

No comments: