Wednesday 2 April 2008

today is the day

I will see my oncologist at 3pm today. The purpose is to review the PET scan result. Today I will know if the cancer has spread to my lungs or other parts of the body.

Those of you who have suffered from cancer will understand how I am feeling. The most frightening news that one can ever hear in his life is "It is cancer." It is like a death penalty, it is as if life will come to an end soon. I heard those 3 words in Aug 2006. I'm scared to hear it again today.

So appropriately, RBC's "Our Daily Bread" (ODB) for today was on Matthew 6:25-34. It seems like God has placed it there so timely to remind me of His care. The ODB notes ended with these assuring words : "When concern for our own well-being leads to anxious thoughts, we can look at the birds & be assured of our value to God & of His care for us."

"We need not fear the perils around us because
the eye of the Lord is always upon us." (ODB)

Eternally thankful to God no matter what the result might be,
tsk tsk

No comments: