Friday 6 July 2007

hooray......I'm now 44kg!

It's common nowadays to hear people lament, "Aiyah, I'm so heavy. How I wished I could lose weight!" It seems most people have trouble losing weight. I seem to belong to the "fortunate" few who can eat & eat but never put on weight! For me, putting on weight is a great challenge. It's more difficult than studying for an exam!

Before I had cancer, my normal weight was around 46-47kg. But on the week before I commenced radiotherapy, I ate & ate until I gained 4kg to 50kg, on the wise advice of my oncologist as I was deemed to be too thin. Weight does play an important part when your body has to fight against a great enemy called cancer. You will then need all the ammunition to win the battle.

I now weigh 44kg, a gain of 2kg since May. I credit it to my better appetite & eating. For the past one month, I was able to eat more solid food such as rice & meat. I think meat (chicken, pork, beef) helps me to put on weight. Some people advise against taking meat which is believed to be cancer-causing. But then last time I seldom took meat but I still ended up with cancer.......so? I don't believe in this theory anymore. As what most doctors would say, "Eat everything in moderation."

My objective now is to put back the weight I have lost, so I will eat anything that will help me to gain weight. The problem lies with my mouth -- my mouth is the one which decides if I can eat or not. My target is 47kg.......which means I have 3kg more to go.

thanks for journeying with me,
tsk tsk

No comments: