Tuesday 3 July 2007

back to school

The 5 weeks of BSF break flew by in a twinkle of an eye. It was a good break but I wished it could be longer! I still have a few things in my "To Do" list left undone. This has to wait because for now, it is back to school.

BSF 2nd term begins tonight. This week is Week 17 (15 more to go). I have been a CL (Children's Leader) for 4 years but this year has been the most challenging year for me. This is because, besides having to take the youngest class (aged 7 & 8), I am still struggling with the many side effects of radiation, esp dry mouth.

Many of you might not know that dry mouth not only makes eating a difficult task, but it also makes talking a real struggle. Whenever I talk, I will need to either sip water or spray "Bioteen mouthwash" to wet my mouth because talking dries up my mouth very fast. My mouth often feels like a "desert" after just a few sentences. But the amazing thing is when I teach at the BSF School program, I can talk without sipping water or spraying Bioteen. And when I teach, I will completely forget about my dry mouth. Believe it or not, this happens only during those 2 hours on Tuesday nights. I always have faith that God will never abandon those who are His. I praise God for allowing this handicap in my life so that I can experience His power & presence. Dry mouth has become a "thorn in my flesh" but I thank the Lord His grace is sufficient for me (see 2 Corinthians 12:7-10).

thanks for journeying with me,
tsk tsk

No comments: