Tuesday 28 August 2007

encouragement from a little boy

This year has been the toughest year for me as a CL. Not only do I have to cope with the side effects of radiation (esp dry mouth) but I also find teaching the book of Romans to 7-and-8 year old kids to be not easy. There were times when I felt quite discouraged.

Tonight was such a night. I was stressed out. At the end of the class, while busy clearing the room, one 7-year-old boy walked to me, handed me a card & said shyly, "Miss Teo, this is for you!" I said thank you & shoved the card into my folder as I was in a hurry to go for Tape time. I completely forgot about the card until I reached home that night.

It was a Happy Teachers' Day card. I was so touched by this boy's thoughtfulness. Tears came to my eyes. One out of 12 came to say thank you. That was more than I could ask for. Little did this boy know that his little act brought much encouragement to this worn-out teacher. I was sure it was the Lord who prompted this little angel to do what he did.

Lord, thank You for the encouragement.
tsk tsk

No comments: