Tuesday 20 February 2007

Xin Nian Meng En!

It was the first time my family came down to have reunion dinner in Singapore. It was my first time preparing & cooking for a reunion dinner too, all by myself. It was hard work but I enjoyed cooking for my loved ones. My friends know I can't cook. In fact, I haven't cooked for the past 10 years or so. Ironically, both my dad & uncle (my dad's only brother) were restaurant chefs, but too bad none of us inherited their genes!

My friends are curious to know what I cooked on Chinese New Year's Eve. Here is the menu (5 dishes + 1 dessert) : Vegetable Deluxe, Chicken Stew, Crispy Yam Ring, Butter Prawns, Sweet Corn Soup & Eight Treasures Dessert. Sound delicious? To give you an idea, it took me one whole day to cook but it took less than one hour for the food to be gobbled up! So what is your verdict?

In between, I still found the time to bake my signature TSK cake (The Superb Kim's Cake?) and the Golden Flakes cookies. They are a hit with my family & friends. You can't find these delicacies in the shops. Why not make these to sell? A possible home business? For some time already, I had thought of early retirement & to do something different. But my illness had put my plans on hold; it had made me rethink about how I should make some changes to my life. I'm praying for the Lord's directions on my future.

thanks for journeying with me,
tsk tsk

No comments: