Saturday 16 June 2007

char kway teow & wantan mee

I decided not to cook today but to eat out for both meals. I wanted to experiment with food. I went to the food centre at Bukit Batok Central for my lunch. A new stall selling char kway teow caught my eyes. It had been more than a year since I last took a plate of char kway teow so I decided to go for it. While waiting for the food, I wondered, "Will I be able to eat it? Will I be able to swallow it without any problem?" To my amazement, I finished the whole plate of char kway teow without the need to sip water! Wow....that was a great improvement!

Encouraged by this, I went to the other food centre at BB East Ave 4 after an evening stroll. I looked around & decided to take away wantan mee for dinner. I was surprised I could take that too without a sip of water! Eh, what's happening to my mouth all of a sudden? I seemed to be able to eat solid food which was a no-no weeks & months ago and what more, without the need to sip water!

Lord, thank You for the little little improvements You give me each day. Thank You for helping me to move from liquid to semi-solid to solid food. Thank You for enabling me to eat more & more and better & better each day. Thank You for seeing me through these last 6 months. I will continue to trust You to see me through the coming months.

thanks for journeying with me,
tsk tsk

1 comment:

AiW said...

Hi! Just wanted to say "Hi!". Have not done so for so long..* guilty, guilty*
But I have been reading your blogs and definitely,have not forgotten you - how can I when God brought us together as friends & sisters.
You write well cos I can almost feel what you are describing - of course,not as intently as yourself. I actually thought I smelt the char kway teow and wantan mee!
BTW, found a great Malacca wantan mee in Toa Payoh - name a day and we can go together. I still owe you a bowl of Crystal Jade porride... *guilty,guilty, guilty*
Every time I read your blog(s), I am filled with a sense of awe at how the Lord reaches out to you. He is truly so amazing and powerful in love!
Reading your blogs has also brought back fond memories of BSF - sometimes,on Tuesday nights, I think "Ah! they should be settling down to Discussions now.." or "wonder what hymns they are singing now"..
Hope to see you soon, even if you don't feel like Malacca wantan mee..

Shalom always & agape-ly, angiG