Thursday 14 June 2007

The diary of tsk

I heard from the TV news today that Anne Frank received her first diary on her 13th birthday (14 Jun 1942). She wrote in an early entry, "I hope that you (the diary) will be a great support and comfort to me." In her diary, Anne addressed her letters to the imaginary "Kitty".

I started writing diaries when I was 14 years old. But I received my first "proper" diary only 2 yeats later on 8 Jun 19xx. This diary was special because it could be locked with a key. It was a gift from my eldest sister to reward me for my good school results. I treasured it very much. It is still with me today. The first words on my first diary were taken from Philippians 4:13 - "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me" (KJV).

I am now on my 6th volume. I keep all my diaries. As I read my old diaries, I can see a change in my writing style. In my teenage years, my diary was written more as a record on the daily events of my life, some of which appeared so funny & silly now. In my university & young adult years, I started each diary entry as "Dear Lord", recording my conversations with God. I still adopt this "conversation with God" style even today. In addition, I use my diary to record my thoughts, my prayers, my feelings, my reflections. My diary is the best place to know the real me because I write as I am, no pretenses. But sorry, no one can read my diaries. Like Anne Frank, maybe someone might decide to publish my diaries after I die.

Why do I suddenly talk so much about diaries? It is because during my time of illness, from Aug 2006 to May 2007, I have not written anything in my diary at all, although I keep a daily journal on my cancer treatment & recovery. In fact, the last entry in my diary was 11 Aug 2006, 5 days before I was diagnosed with nose cancer. So I am taking opportunity of this current BSF break to update my diary before my memory begins to fade away.....

I hope to complete my assignment by next week so that I can use the remaining week to prepare for the new BSF term, which begins on 30 Jun. Oh dear, I just remember I still have one more assignment left to do. My home church in Malaysia, Gereja Grace Batu Pahat (Grace Church) has requested me to write a testimony to be published in its "GG Messenger" newsletter. I better find the time to do so this week!

thanks for reading my blog,
tsk tsk

No comments: