Sunday 2 September 2007

down memory lane - one year ago in sep

I was reading my Daily Journal & noted that exactly one year ago, I was busy doing test after test from 21-28 Aug, and going for dental treatment from 29 Aug-4 Sep. That is the beauty of keeping a journal or diary. You get to read your past thoughts or events.

According to my Journal, on 2 Sep last year, I accidentally discovered a lump on the left side of my throat. On 5 Sep, Dr Wee confirmed that it was a lump & sent me off to ENT Centre to do an immediate FNAB (Fine Needle Aspiration Biopsy). At that time, I panicked because I was afraid this would complicate matters. But the biopsy result, which came out just one day before I was due to commence radiation, confirmed the lump was benign.

As I recall that event, my heart goes to PS, Ruby, Lee Lian & Sally Wong who took time off then to be with me. They were angels sent by God to "come alongside me". Sally even "belanja" us to a Penang buffet lunch at King's Hotel. I wonder when I can eat my favourite Penang food again (as my dry mouth is sensitive to spicy food now).

On this same day (5 Sep), Dr Wee also let us have a look at the MRI image which showed clearly the tumour behind the nose. He confirmed then that the tumour measured 24.1mm, considered as Stage 2 growth (classified as TNO category, pronounced as "T-N-zero").

Praise God that all these are now past. I can look back with thanksgiving in my heart for what the Lord had done & look forward in great expectation to the Lord's complete healing.

thanks for journeying with me this past year,
tsk tsk

No comments: