Friday 23 May 2008

What did the tests reveal?

Breast ultrasound
I quietly asked the radiographer if she saw anything suspicious on my breasts. She showed me the ultrasound picture which spotted a lump on my left breast, plus other cysts on both breasts. She assured me, "don't worry, it looks harmless" & added that my doctor would advise me accordingly next Friday.

Thyroid nodule
My previous PET scan had suspected a left thyroid nodule, amongst other things, so my ENT doctor is referring me to do further tests. I had an operation 8 years ago to remove a right thyroid nodule which was benign. This left thyroid nodule was already spotted during an MRI scan I did in 2006 before my radiation treatment but FNAB confirmed it was benign. My oncologist had said the radiation could reduce the nodule as the rays passed through the neck area. It looks like there is a bit of the nodule left. Or maybe it is a new growth.

"Thank You, Lord, that my flesh & my heart may fail but You are the strength of my heart & my portion forever." (Psalm 73:26)

tsk tsk

No comments: