Thursday 12 June 2008

fibroids & tumour markers

If I had not done the PET scan in March, I would not have known there were 5 "babies" (fibroids) sitting in my womb. With God, nothing happens by chance or coincidence. God will lead us to know what He wants us to know when He wants us to know.

This morning I had my 2nd follow-up consultation at O&G, SGH. As usual, I did a womb ultrasound. The results showed the 5 "babies" were still there but had not grown larger; in a sense, this was "good news". The report also revealed a 3cm cyst on the right ovary. As the cyst was less than 5cm, there was no need to take any action now.

But as an added precaution, my gynae arranged for me to do blood tests on the following tumour markers : AFP (alpha foeto protein), CEA (carcino-embryonic antigen) & CA-125. These tumour markers are used to monitor the presence of cancer in the liver, colon & ovary respectively. I thought there was no harm in doing more tests. I would know the results in my next follow-up visit in August.

In the afternoon, a few of us met at Irene's home for tea fellowship. Irene had just returned from a cruise holiday & will be returning to her other home in KL next week. PS, my previous cancer manager, will be leaving for her missions trip to East Timor next week too. And Ruby looks refreshed after her recent church camp in Melaka. These lovely ladies from BSF had walked with me in my journey through cancer. They are my angels, my pillars of support.

I don't have a family in Singapore but God gives me friends who stand by me through thick & thin. They are my spiritual family.

thank You, Lord.
tsk tsk

No comments: