Sunday 1 June 2008

TCM progress

Yesterday was my fortnightly TCM consultation. It was my 6th visit since 12 April.

Somehow the queue was slower than usual. I was there before 8.30pm but it was 10pm by the time it was my turn to see Dr Cheng. I was his 17th & last patient for the evening. Dr Cheng sees patients only from 7-9pm on Saturdays. It is good to be the last patient as it allows me more time to ask questions.

Dr Cheng is a very patient physician; he spends time explaining & communicating with his patients. Before my consultation with Dr Cheng, I normally drop by my friend's clinic (Dr Goh) to do acupuncture on my neck to relieve stiffness. After my consultation with Dr Cheng, I normally have to wait up to 1 hour to collect my herbs. The pharmacy gives only up to 3 days' supply of herbs at a heavily subsidised price. It's much cheaper than the price I have to pay at other medical shops so it's worth the wait.

Dr Cheng shared with me that his greatest joy as a physician was to see progress in his patients. I could see the joy on his face when he said he was happy to see much improvement in me since the first time I walked into his clinic. This is a true physician, one who is filled with compassion for the sick & is passionate in what he is doing. I am reminded of Jesus, the Great Physician who was always filled with compassion for those who came to Him for healing.

Dr Cheng said that although there were signs of improvement as indicated by my tongue coating & skin colour, my pulse still indicated a weak "qi". He asked if I had a good appetite & if I was eating well as my weight had remained unchanged at 46.5kg. I replied that I had been taking my regular meals. I jokingly asked if the weighing machine was working well as I felt I had put on some weight judging from the pants I wore. I will weigh myself at the NCC next week as I think the digital weighing machine there is more accurate.

My magic pot is buzzing now. It's time to drink my herbal medicine. You know, since the day that magic pot came into my life, drinking the herbal medicine is no longer yukky. It tastes magic. God had turned something yukky into something yummy in my mouth. The magic pot is truly a gift from God.

Thanks for reading & following my blog. It shows you really care about me. I thank God for you.

tsk tsk

No comments: