Tuesday 30 January 2007

Rejoice in the Lord

I had visitors yesterday night - Elder Boon, his wife Cheryll & Mary. Elder Boon & I were colleagues 20 years ago. Mary is a good friend of mine – we both grew up in sweet old Batu Pahat, a bustling small town in Johor, Malaysia. They came to fellowship & minister to me. We had such a wonderful time together. They sang me hymns, one of which I love very much. It is titled, “Rejoice in the Lord” written by Ron Hamilton. Coincidentally, this was also the hymn Elder Boon sang to me when I was warded at SGH in Oct 2006.

Rejoice in the Lord

God never moves without purpose or plan
When trying His servant & molding a man
Give thanks to the Lord though your testing seems long
In darkness He giveth a song

I could not see through the shadows ahead
So I looked at the cross of my Saviour instead
I bowed to the will of the Master that day
Then peace came & tears fled away

Now I can see testing comes from above
God strengthens His children & purges in love
My Father knows best & I trust in His care
Through purging more fruit I will bear

Chorus :
O rejoice in the Lord
He makes no mistake
He knoweth the end of each path that I take
For when I am tried and purified
I shall come forth as gold

I pray that the words of this beautiful hymn will minister to you as you walk your life journey with the Lord by your side.

thanks for journeying with me,
tsk tsk

No comments: